Saturday, May 21, 2011

My 27th Birthday

Today I turned 27...

I used to be somewhat intimidated by getting older and older each year.  I dreaded turning 30.  Well, not anymore!  I'm so thankful to be alive, and every year that I am closer to 30 feels like an accomplishment.  I want to fully enjoy and appreciate every single year that I am given.  So many people die too young, and I know that I am blessed to be here on my 27th birthday!

Today I was given the best surprise by my co-workers at my old school.  They all coordinated to wear pink today (in my honor!) and took pictures with a Happy Birthday banner.  How lucky am I to have such a great group of teachers and staff supporting me?!



I bet most people don't have co-workers as AMAZING as that!!!  It brought tears to my eyes to see the faces of my old friends recognizing me in such a spirited way.  Even S, who moved to Kansas City last year, wore a pink shirt for me today and took a picture at her home.  They all posted the pictures onto facebook.  It's so rare to find such a sweet, caring group of people at work!  I love and miss you all!

Tonight, I got to have dinner at Seasons 52 with my husband, son, and best friends.  We enjoyed our dinner and Ryan behaved extremely well for such a little guy.  I got some thoughtful gifts from E, K, and J (my other best friend who currently lives in Ohio for med school).  They all got me button down shirts, because after my surgery I won't be able to lift my arms up to put on regular shirts for a while.  The shirts are adorable, and they all got me different styles.  At least I'll get to look cute while recovering this summer!  Of course, I had my camera out the whole night, as usual...

At the restaurant tonight...



I received so many cards and gifts today that I am overwhelmed!  I feel so loved... thank you to everyone!  I want to especially thank Barry for making sure that my birthday was perfect and that I enjoyed every minute of my day.  I'm looking forward to having some more fun this weekend!  We may as well celebrate as much as possible, right?

3 comments:

  1. Yay, I'm glad you had such a good birthday! Your co-workers are so thoughtful. What a wonderful surprise! We had a great time last night!!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those pics are awesome! I'm so sad that I haven't been able to partake in anyone's birthday for 3 years now! =(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! I can't wait to see both of you this weekend!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...