Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Our 2 Year Anniversary

Happy Anniversary to my Wonderful Husband!

Today, Barry and I celebrated two years of marriage.  In these past two years we have overcome unexpected obstacles, rejoiced in life's miracles, and grown in greater understanding and love for each another.  I am so proud of him for being unconditionally supportive as a husband and a truly dedicated father to our baby boy.

We had dinner tonight at the same restaurant that we went to on the night that we got engaged.
It was so nice to spend time with just the two of us, since we haven't done that in a very long time.
Things are finally starting to feel like a "new normal" or fresh start for us.

I decided to bake a heart-shaped, blue velvet cake with blueberries and cream cheese frosting for my hubby (since his favorite color is blue).  I got the recipe from Adventures in Cooking.  My cake was fairly small, so I used the leftover ingredients to make blueberry cupcakes:



07.19.09
Since I absolutely love looking at pictures of our wedding day (the best day of my life, tied with the day that Ryan was born), I have some that I would like to share.  It's hard to believe that this was only two years ago!  I feel like these pictures tell an entire story...














These are memories that will always make me smile.  I am so blessed to have had my DREAM WEDDING to the man of my dreams!  It doesn't get any better!  Thank you to all of our family and friends who were there supporting us and making it possible.  We are looking forward to enjoying a long life together and many more anniversaries to come!


5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so happy to hear that you and Barry got to celebrate with just you two last night! Your cake and cupcakes are gorgeous too - you are really getting good at cooking and baking! And your wedding pictures bring back such happy memories. You look beautiful in them and both of you look so happy. Happy anniversary! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!! Hard to believe that was two years ago already. I am so happy that you were able to get a date night out together:). Those blue velvet cakes look amazing! I've never had blue velvet before...was it good? You are such an a amazing chef!:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful pictures and congratulations to you & your husband! I love the cake & cupcakes - they look delicious. Cheers to you for many more happy & healthy years with your husband!
    ~Alexis

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Happy anniversary to you and your hubby! You both are such a beautiful couple and congrats on your years together! Looking at your pictures you definitely had such a beautiful wedding and I'm sure that it's much more beautiful actually being the one walking down the aisle. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...