Thursday, September 22, 2011

Ryan's First Birthday Party

It felt great to have so many of our friends and family gather together last weekend for Ryan’s first birthday party.  We ended up entertaining around forty guests in our party room.  Everything went perfectly, except for the birthday boy crying when we sang happy birthday and brought him his cake (poor thing!)  I think that he was just intimidated by so many people looking at him at once.  I know that one day he will look back on the pictures and appreciate everyone showing him so much love and attention.

I am thankful to everyone for driving all the way here, walking forever from far away parking places, and for bringing Ryan such thoughtful gifts.   We actually got another toy organizer for him because all of his stuff would no longer fit in his football bin.  We enjoyed having everyone over to celebrate and I feel fortunate to have such a close-knit group of wonderful people supporting us.  Special thanks to E, K, and my mom for coming a few hours early to help me set up before the party!






Thanks again to all of our guests... we love you!  (And sorry to the people cut out of the picture. There just wasn't room for me to step back any farther!)


2 comments:

  1. I love all of Ryan's birthday party pictures! You are so crafty and everything looked beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Karen- Thank you! You and Erin also did a great job putting up the decorations. I'm so happy with how it all turned out!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...