Thursday, July 11, 2013

Pregnancy: Weeks 12 to 14

Week 12:

Baby’s development:
-most of the baby’s systems are fully formed
-digestive muscle is flexing
-pituitary gland is producing hormones
-bone marrow is making white blood cells

Pregnancy symptoms:
-need to pee every 1 or 2 hours

Cravings:
-fruits and sweets

Aversions:
-none (finally, after 6 weeks of being super picky)

Movement: n/a

Gender: I’m still guessing girl

Total weight gain/loss: +2

Belly button in or out? in

Best moment of the week: soaking up the California sun with my two best girl friends

Looking forward to: my next doctor appointment and hearing the heartbeat again


Week 13:
 
Baby’s development:
-baby’s head is about half the size of its body
-intestines are moving to their permanent location inside the baby’s abdomen
-vocal chords are developing

Pregnancy symptoms:
-can't sleep for more than 2 hours without needing to get up and use the bathroom

Cravings:
-none

Aversions:
-none

Movement: n/a

Gender: I’m still guessing girl

Total weight gain/loss: +3

Belly button in or out? in

Best moment of the week: scheduling our gender ultrasound appointment for August 14

Looking forward to: Ryan starting swim lessons at the pool that we just joined


Week 14:
 
Baby’s development:
-baby makes smooth, fluid movements
-hair and eyebrows may start growing
-a fuzzy coating of hair called lanugo is providing warmth for the baby 

Pregnancy symptoms:
-I’m officially in the second trimester, and morning sickness seems to be gone for good (fingers crossed!)

Cravings:
-none

Aversions:
-none

Movement: I actually felt flutters for a few seconds this week! very exciting!

Gender: I’m not sure anymore

Total weight gain/loss: +4

Belly button in or out? in

Best moment of the week: not an actual moment, but staying busy with playdates, music together classes, mom’s night out, and having friends over

Looking forward to: My hubby and I will celebrate our 4 year anniversary next week!


Belly Growth:


From what I have heard, your uterus expands and positions itself at the front of your abdomen more quickly in your second and subsequent pregnancies. Parents.com also says that you may feel your baby move sooner, tend to show about a month sooner, and generally carry your baby lower the second time around. Interesting.


Stretch Marks

They say that pregnancy stretch marks are genetic. If your mom got them, then you likely will get them too. My mom got tons of stretch marks when she was pregnant with me, so I expected the same. 

Throughout my first pregnancy, I used Trilastin stretch mark cream and ended up with only one tiny 1 cm stretch mark on my lower tummy!

Yet I am hesitant to use Trilastin again. Since having (and beating!) breast cancer, I switched over to mostly natural and organic products, just to be on the safe side. You never know what effect chemicals/products can have on your body. So, this pregnancy, I have started using coconut oil on my tummy daily, rather than an actual stretch mark cream. I guess we will see how well it works after another 6 months or so.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...